Activities on offer in St. Fursey's N.S.
- Quizzes - Each year children are chosen to represent the school on Quiz teams for a variety of competitions held locally. The team is chosen by the 5th and 6th class teachers. Mrs. Jones works with the quiz teams during the school year.
- School Choir - The school Choir is under the direction of Mrs. Brennan. They sing for various events throughout the school year such as First Holy Communion, Confirmation, Christmas School Concert, Local Nursing Homes, Community Alert Christmas Party for local senior citizens and many other concerts during the academic year.
- Spelling Bee - Our school has taken part in the National Spelling Bee competition run by 2fm on the Ryan Tubridy Show.
- St. Brigids Day - Mrs. Gallagher, a retired teacher from our school comes in to teach the children in the senior classes how to make St. Brigids crosses each year.
- Tag Rugby - Ms. Mc Guinness and Ms. Mulholland organise tag rugby events that take place in the school during the year. This is organised in conjunction with Colin O Hare, the Area Development Officer with Dundalk Rugby Club. Rugby Blitzes will be held in the Dundalk Rugby Club. Here the children will be given a chance to compete against other schools in a "friendly" league.
- BasketBall - Mrs. Smith started up the first ever Basketball team within the school for boys and girls in 5th and 6th class. The children were extremely interested. The teams were very successful and enjoyed participating in competitions held in Dundalk Sports Centre. We hope for continued success in the coming school year. WATCH THIS SPACE!!
- Gaelic - The boys and girls in the senior classes are taken for coaching in gaelic and take part in a range of matches and blitz tournaments throughout the school year.