We are a Water Saving School!
Water Saving Tips
- Don't rinse dishes before loading them in the dishwasher. Just scrape them or soak them and let your dishwasher do the work it was designed to do.
- Make sure you always wash full loads as the machine and dishwasher use the same amount of water anyway.
- Drop your tissue in the trash instead of flushing it and save water every time
- If you're only making one or two hot drinks, only boil that amount of water in the kettle.
- When washing dishes by hand, fill the basin rather than leaving the tap on and washing dishes under a steady flow of water.
- Replace yourshower head with a low-flow fixture.
- When you're brushing your teeth, shaving, or washing vegetables or dishes, remember to turn the tap off when you're not actually using the water. The same applies to the time while lathering when you're washing your hands as well, and you'll save nearly four litres every time
- Fix any leaking pipes and taps immediately, inside and outside the home. If you ever spot a leak in the street, be a good citizen and report it.
- Invest in a high-efficiency washing machine as they use less than half the water of many traditional models.