Dear Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of the Parents Association (P.A.) we have prepared this to give you some background and information on the workings of the P.A. and to look for your support. As parents and guardians of pupils in the school you are automatically a member of the P.A. We work with the Principal and teachers to organise fun events for the pupils to attend and to organise fundraisers on behalf of the school for various projects. Another important role of the P.A. is we can bring issues parents are having to the meetings which are attended by teacher reps.
Annually the P.A. organise a Halloween Disco for all pupils to attend, Christmas Cake sale and Raffle, Church gate collection, organise the collection of the pupil insurance (see note attached), help with the book fair in March, tea and coffee for after the 2nd class First Holy Communion and 6th class’ Confirmation, regular non uniform days and an ice cream van for sports day. A subcommittee of the P.A. organise and oversee the Book Rental Scheme which is invaluable for all parents.
What do we want from you? Support is the best thing you can provide. We want:
- Your support at P.A. meetings
- Your help to decorate the room and supervise at the Halloween Disco October
- Your donations of baking for the Christmas cake sale
- You to buy tickets for the Christmas raffle
- Your help on the morning of the cake sale
- Your help at the 1st Communion – and Confirmation Family Reception
- Your help collecting the money for the book rental
- Your help sorting and labelling the books for the new school year
- Your help and support of any other events organised
Parent Association meetings take place on the second Monday of every Month at 8pm.
All parents and guardians are invited to attend. If you are unable to attend a meeting we hope you will to continue to support the events we organise (e.g. the discos, Christmas raffle and cake sale). You can contact us via email@example.com and keep up to date on our events by following us on facebook: St Furseys NS Parents Committee
Chairperson: Stephanie Pepper & Susan Carolan
Treasurer: Shane Mc Guinness
Secretary: Helen Byrne
Please download the leaflet below which outlines what activities the Parents Association are currently undertaking. We would appreciate it if you could offer any help.